Help: Software or Macro

I need software or an Excel Macro to autalculate combinations. IOW if I type in 256 I can just use the2 by  Macro or softw to quickly display dredsthe 6 unique combinations. Thanks.

sfilippo's avatar - skull

It sounds like you want a program that does the permutations of a unique 3 digit number, correct?

If you typed in 123 it would show you...

123 132 213 231 312 321

Is that what you want?

SirMetro's avatar - center

The following formula will give you the lowest common number
Example 312 would be shown as 123
In this fashion, you don't need to care what the other combinations are because now you can do a sort on the lowest common number

=CONCATENATE((MIN(--MID(C2,{1,2,3},1))),(MEDIAN(--MID(C2,{1,2,3},1))),(MAX(--MID(C2,{1,2,3},1))))

07/31/05 - 986 - Evening - 689 - 986

One system I used for followers was this
  Date  - ABC -  Draw  - ABC - Match Y/N ?
07/31/05 - 986 - Evening - 689 - 986

Obviously the date, ABC and draw is self-explanatory.
I then reduce the number to it's lowest box form with this formula
=CONCATENATE((MIN(--MID(C2,{1,2,3},1))),(MEDIAN(--MID(C2,{1,2,3},1))),(MAX(--MID(C2,{1,2,3},1))))

Then, I run a check to see if the next number that follows is the same as the current draw with this formula.
=IF(OR(D3=$D$3,D4=$D$3),$B$2,"")

If it is, I display the number that fell for the current game, if not, I leave it blank.
Keep in mind, I want the number that fell after this same number.

Next, I copy these columns to a clean sheet, using cut & Paste Special and only paste in the VALUES
You do NOT want to paste any of the formulas.

Next, simply do a quick sort on the column that does the testing.
All the blank cells will end up at the bottom with the full cells at the top.
This will be a clean sheet showing what followed.

Good Luck to all.

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56

I need software or an Excel Macro to autalculate combinations. IOW if I type in 256 I can just use the2 by  Macro or softw to quickly display dredsthe 6 unique combinations. Thanks.

Did the above ideas help you in any way?

Sorry I must have missed the responses.

Sfillipo that's what i wanted. SirMetro thanks for that formula. I have been doing it by hand, then cutyting and pasting and sorting. Great help guys. That wills ave me much time. Of course I had to change the cell refs in case --anyone else wants to use the formula. You're the Excel king SM. Thanks. It works

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sun, Oct 24, 2021, 10:29 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?