$200.00 Powerball ticket

Went to Louisiana and bought a 5 line 20 draw ticket with powerplay      $200.00 Bet

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg

I hate to disappoint you, but you should have gone with 200 lines for one drawing.  You'd have a better chance of winning something.  You just have the same odds of winning a prize for 20 draws.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg

I agree with "Doc" I would have purchased more lines for less draws.  But if you got Lady Luck in your back pocket it does not matter because you will win and win big.-weshar75

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2

i agree with fxsterling. i do what he does all the time and i prefer it that way. i would rather have 1 dollar in several drawings than spend all my money on one drawing. the odds are already against me so why not stretch the fun out a few more months. i buy the longes available ticket i can possibly afford at the time.

i have hit up to four times on a ticket like that at times. jus so much fun cashing out after the ticket has it's run.

i wouldn't have spent as much as he did but to each his own. when ever i get to lousyana i get me a 40 dollar ticket. 20 draws with the multiplyer.

peace.

I have not won a single prize in Powerball since November and if I don't win anything this Saturday, I'm going to start playing the same quick pick for three draws at a time (three is the magic number because the smallest PB prize is $3), although if I get a $4 PB win, I'll play four draws on one quick pick when I cash it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

Less than break even. 

TheGameGrl's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg

I hadnt realized that PB allows that many draws. I use a KIOSK machine and it only lets a person pickup to ten draws.  Still, no harm no fould in playing so many drawings if it can be afforded.

All it takes is that one series of numbers to win anyways, be it a five dollar purchase or a larger one.

Best of luck! And my prediction is you'll probably reap back about 25% .

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

If I say jackpot can I get a very small share? lol. Most likely less than a $100 if not. Smiley

sure Brad

What you did sounds like what we do in my office for our lottery pool. Every payday Friday(which is every 2 weeks for us), each member puts up $4. From that money, we buy Powerball and Lotto tickets for the 4 draws that will take place until next payday. We've won a few dollars here and there, but never enough to even pay for the pool. We keep trying though.

PrisonerSix

anonymous77's avatar - moon

Went to Louisiana and bought a 5 line 20 draw ticket with powerplay      $200.00 Bet

I think that's an excellent way of placing $200 on PB, in all respects I can imagine!

What you did sounds like what we do in my office for our lottery pool. Every payday Friday(which is every 2 weeks for us), each member puts up $4. From that money, we buy Powerball and Lotto tickets for the 4 draws that will take place until next payday. We've won a few dollars here and there, but never enough to even pay for the pool. We keep trying though.

PrisonerSix

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

Any wins?

Well, this Powerball drawing I did not match a single number, so I am now playing three draws on the same quick pick.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna

Isn't the amount of draws determined by the state in which the ticket is purchased? I once thought of driving to GA buy a MM ticket, but they only sell for 10 draws. That's only 5 weeks.  Actually, the gas alone wouldn't be worth it. MA sells season tickets, but you can't buy a MM ticket from out-of-state by mail. I just assume PB states were the same with different rules. Maybe I'm wrong?

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Oct 18, 2021, 11:56 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?