Darren McGavin Dies at 83

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2

Darren McGavin Dies at 83. Blue Angel

The husky, tough-talking performer went on to become one of the busiest actors in television and film, starring in five TV series, including "Mike Hammer," and endearing holiday audiences with his role as the grouchy dad in the 1983 comedy classic "A Christmas Story."

McGavin, 83, died Saturday of natural causes at a Los Angeles-area hospital with his family at his side, said his son Bogart McGavin.

McGavin also had leading roles in TV's "Riverboat" and cult favorite "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Among his memorable portrayals was Gen. George Patton in the 1979 TV biography "Ike."

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

that's 2. 

Tenaj's avatar - michellea

Darren McGavin Dies at 83. Blue Angel

The husky, tough-talking performer went on to become one of the busiest actors in television and film, starring in five TV series, including "Mike Hammer," and endearing holiday audiences with his role as the grouchy dad in the 1983 comedy classic "A Christmas Story."

McGavin, 83, died Saturday of natural causes at a Los Angeles-area hospital with his family at his side, said his son Bogart McGavin.

McGavin also had leading roles in TV's "Riverboat" and cult favorite "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Among his memorable portrayals was Gen. George Patton in the 1979 TV biography "Ike."

I only remember him in "A Christmas Story."  He will be missed.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna

"Kolchak: The Night Stalker"

One of my favorite shows.

cadl's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg

i'm reluctant to say it--but i remember riverboat; he was a great character actor--the gambler in "the natural" with redford

i'm reluctant to say it--but i remember riverboat; he was a great character actor--the gambler in "the natural" with redford

so do i.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat

Mine too.

How about 8183 for a Cash 4 #?  Don & Darren ages.

Mine too.

How about 8183 for a Cash 4 #?  Don & Darren ages.

I played this number earlier today...I Agree!

that's 2. 

dennis weaver - that's 3

What the ring of three

hillspecs24's avatar - selfie n.jpg

One of my favorite shows. Mine too

Toney725's avatar - speedykat

IN Midday 839

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Thu, Oct 29, 2020, 8:40 pm