Data On Lives Post Big Jackpot Wins

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

Does anyone know data about the lives of big jackpot winners post the win and pre win for that matter?  I learned the story about Jack Whittaker, mainly here...sad.

1. One year before the win
  2. One year after the win
  3. Two years after the win
  4. Five years after the win
  5. Ten or more years after the win
  • % that were already financially confortable/filthy rich
  • % that were needy
  • % who have managed the winnings very, very, well
  • % who have managed the winnings very well
  • % who have fairly managed the winnings
  • % who have poorly managed the winnings
  • % who became bankrupt

I know that grarage parking attendant in NYC that hit MM (2004?) is still living in a hotel.  He is a Howard Hughes type.  Never leaves.  Him and his brother.  Have food left in the hallway.  Smoke like sailors. Is afraid he will be shot.  His wife,, stopped the divorce action, sued him for half, got it, then divorced him.  A multi-millionare, locked in a hotel suite for the rest of his life.

I don't care how nice the room is, I doubt he is a happy winner.

Oh, by the way, he claimed the money the very next day.  Not that it made any difference.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

I know that grarage parking attendant in NYC that hit MM (2004?) is still living in a hotel.  He is a Howard Hughes type.  Never leaves.  Him and his brother.  Have food left in the hallway.  Smoke like sailors. Is afraid he will be shot.  His wife,, stopped the divorce action, sued him for half, got it, then divorced him.  A multi-millionare, locked in a hotel suite for the rest of his life.

I don't care how nice the room is, I doubt he is a happy winner.

so what good did it do him?  isn't enjoying it.  wonder why he doesn't go to europe.

Didn't the NY winner have the  press go to SCORES to talk with him

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

Studies have shown that 80% of lottery winners are bankrupt within three years.

Go figure.  

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sat, Oct 31, 2020, 5:23 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?