Match 5 Bonus Pool

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg

The Match 5 Bonus Pool is at $9 million for 2-18-06.-weshar75

I hope that PB sales continue driving up the Match 5 bonus pool. This is the 2nd time we have a Match 5 bonus pool, but I hope that one ticket wins the current North American jackpot record.

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg

Do you have to pay extra for that? I know it has a set rate of $200,000 now, but do you have to pay an extra dollar to get the rest? Kind of like the extra dollar for the multiplier...

Thanks for any info,

Bryan  :)

twisted's avatar - underground

No you dont have to pay extra for the bonus pool.  Just go to Powerball.com and they explain the bonus pool pretty well on the front page.

Match 5 Bonus Prize Pool is now $11 million for 2-18-06.-weshar75

This is one of the best ideas I've seen in the lottery world. Maybe they should do this on a permanent basis, but with a higher cap, say $50mil annuity per roll. Bigger Match 5 Bonuses, more often.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37

How is it going up so much?  The jackpot itself had to increase by $65 million.  I thought this time the bonus pool would be really small.  The bonus pool is in top of the $65 million needed to get the jackpot to this level so they are expecting to sell well over $100,000,000 tickets already.

Brad

How is it going up so much?  The jackpot itself had to increase by $65 million.  I thought this time the bonus pool would be really small.  The bonus pool is in top of the $65 million needed to get the jackpot to this level so they are expecting to sell well over $100,000,000 tickets already.

Brad

Brad the jackpot was $309 million annuity when it was drawn.-weshar75

They may not sell as many tickets as the last record Powerball jackpot, but it is almost certain they will sell over 100 million tickets.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

The nice thing about the bonus pool is that you no longer have to buy Powerplay. Why waste money on something that's free. This is especially true if you cover all the Powerball numbers (all 42) as most states limit their liabilities (your prize) to below 20 million (depends on state check your state laws).

The bonus prize is not a state liability so it wouldn't have any impact to them. 

Match 5 Bonus Prize Pool is now $13 million for 2-18-06.-weshar75

Match 5 Bonus Prize Pool is $15 million for 2-18-06.-weshar75

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Tue, Oct 27, 2020, 4:00 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?