Highest State Lottery Jackpot?

Before you rip me a new one, please note that I did use the search function before starting this thread.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the record is for the highest lottery jackpot for an individual state.  I know the records for PowerBall & MegMillions.

I would imagine that California is up there on the list with its record high of $193M for CA Super Lotto.

Anyone know?

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37

I would say with quite certainty that the $193,000,000 jackpot for CA Super Lotto was the largest in state jackpot.  That is the records and I don't think that will ever be beat.

Brad

CA SLP has reached $193 million one time. I think no other state can top that because of their funding of each lotto game. Only MM, PB, and Euro Millions could have a higher jackpot than CA SLP.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg

That is exactly why CA does not need Mega Millions.  They have an in-state game with the possibility of huge jackpots.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

Doc,

As big as MegaMillions and PowerBall jackpots get, I've read posts by LP members from those states complaining about the need for a Nation lottery to compete with the Euro Millions lottery.  No matter the jackpots size of any game, some will say it not big enough.

Powerball and Mega Millions have had cash jackpots as big as the current Euro Millions jackpot. The fact that Euro Millions is tax free is moot because it will be taxed when the money comes to the US anyway.

Hi all I'm kinda new in the lottery scene. I got lucky with one of your predictions since then I have been playing but haven't won anything and even though i continue to view your predictions. I'm feeling a little anxious to be honest to win again. any advice Winner06

four4me's avatar - gate1

Before you rip me a new one, please note that I did use the search function before starting this thread.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the record is for the highest lottery jackpot for an individual state.  I know the records for PowerBall & MegMillions.

I would imagine that California is up there on the list with its record high of $193M for CA Super Lotto.

Anyone know?

You can find that information by going to the top of this page and click results then scroll down to lottery jackpots. Click that a page will open with all the state lottery's click on the state of your choice then click jackpot history. You might want to start at the top of the page and work down making notes as you go.

Thanks for the tip, four4me!  Much appreciated.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Oct 26, 2020, 2:14 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?