New Jersyans: What to do with Pick 6.

The New Jersey Pick 6 lottery, in spite of a much inflated annuity payout (the cash value is concealed from players) is clearly doing poorly.

It is very rare for an advertised annuity value to rise by even 1 million dollars after a rollover; more typical is a rollover of $200,000.

The old pick 6, which had better odds, did better, but it had the luxury of existing before New Jersey was a MegaMillions or Big Game State.

I can't believe that New Jersey hasn't acted with respect to this game.  It can't be making the state much money.

If you were a lottery official in New Jersey, what would you do?

Please select from the above choices.  If you have another suggestion, please post it. 

NJ Pick-6 Lotto probably should not be changed, or replaced. It's an alternative to the cheapo NY Lotto.

NJ had Lotzee, with a $500,000 lump sum top prize. It had the same format as OR Lose for Life.

Good question. All I can think of is more money for matching 3. $3 seems kind of low, but hey, better than what the old format had ($0 for 3). Maybe return to the 6/46 format with a $5 prize for matching 3, with the same average payouts for 4 and 5 as the 6/49 has now. Sure there might not be as much in the jackpot, but that niche is going to Mega Millions anyway. This would be a welcome change.

Further detail of above format suggestion:

Pick 6 out of 46

Price : $1

Drawings Monday, Thursday, and Saturday

Prize
Odds
Match 6
Jackpot (25% of sales)
1 : 9,366,819
Match 5
Avg. $2,732
1 : 39,028
Match 4
Avg. $56
1 : 801
Match 3
$5 Fixed
1 : 47

Overall Odds : 1 in 44.7

I would definately drop it as my vote. They already have Mega Millions which has a very high payouts. If they keep New Jersey Lotto, they should advertise the jackpot based on sales. For example, if it starts @ 1 million and rolls, it should go up based on sales [Ex. 1.3 million, etc].

I would definately drop it as my vote. They already have Mega Millions which has a very high payouts. If they keep New Jersey Lotto, they should advertise the jackpot based on sales. For example, if it starts @ 1 million and rolls, it should go up based on sales [Ex. 1.3 million, etc].

So what you're saying is there should only be one game that can set you for life, and such a game should be the one that has astronomical odds (as opposed to merely exospheric).

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Thu, Oct 29, 2020, 2:58 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?