No textNo textNo text

trying to find if a person won

jloganbrooks

Hi I am just curious to find out if there is any way to find out if a particular person won a lottery. I heard a rumor that my x-wife won the lottery and I was just trying to find out if there is a list of names associated with a particular states lottery system to see if this is the case. Thanks for all your help in advance.

delS

lolololololololo  This forum is hilarious!  I'm sorry, I have no help. 

rlevins

Yes certainly it is hilarious and interesting thread.
I have not yet come across any site/way by which you can supply a name and get the prize he/she won. But I think that if you are willing to spend some time (which I think you do because you are trying to get your virtual share) then you can certainly find out if someone has won. You will have go to each and every state's lottery site and use the links to find names of winner. You may start your search with the state in which your ex has lived in say last six months(or the time frame in which you think he/she won).

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

Just try searching goggle or something. If you did find out your ex had won some money are you going to try to get some?

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
Jorli D

If she was your ex when she won, you're not entitled to any of the winnings unless you discover she had the winning ticket in her possession prior to your divorce or legal separation.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
inittowin

I'm sure that he only would like to know because he probably would like to take her back to court and sue her for more alimony and child support.

Boxing

rlevins

may be he has a contract to get 10% of earnings of his ex, who knows? So he is just trying to find if her income has increased.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
sirbrad

I should create such a site, I could become rich then!

bellyache

may be he has a contract to get 10% of earnings of his ex, who knows? So he is just trying to find if her income has increased.

Well if he had a contract of some kind, or was receiving alimony or child support, then he would probably have easy access to her address.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
inittowin

Thud

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

Hi I am just curious to find out if there is any way to find out if a particular person won a lottery. I heard a rumor that my x-wife won the lottery and I was just trying to find out if there is a list of names associated with a particular states lottery system to see if this is the case. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Some web sites (like New Jersey's, for example) have sections where you can search by zip code, and it tells you every winner from that location.  You'll need to check the state web site of the particular state the person is in.

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg
Clairvoyance

Hi Todd,

The official PA Lottery site has a section called Winners Circle where they list winner’s names of lucky for life, cash 5, match 6, powerball jackpot winners and even winners of Instant Game tickets! Everyone who has won a large pot in lottery gets listed and its very hard to remain anonyms. So I am sure you could find out! And if any money is back owed to you the state would take it off the top from her and see that you get it! They will do this with tax return money as well so I am sure the state would do it with lottery winnings! You could also call your state to find out as taxes would have to be paid from such winnings on her part as well. Now days anyone can find out anything on anyone! LOL, sad but true!

Good Luck!
pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
pigsNtrees

Hi Todd, here is the link for Texas.

Lotto Texas Winners List Winners List

It starts like in 92 and you will need to advance the page to the year you need. It is the arrow on the top.

bellyache

On Idahos site it gives a small list, (a few months) but I couldn't find anything going back all the way to '92.

konane's avatar - wallace
konane

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?