No textNo textNo text

Todd - error on results page?

lottoshlep's avatar - super 7-top-over.jpg
lottoshlep

Hi Todd,

just a note that in the Canadian National 6/49 prize payouts the lower tier prizes are as follows:

2+Bonus/6 => $5 and 3/6 =>$10

(all the higher payouts vary depending on the share of the pool as you prob know).

I just noticed Rip Snorter got short-changed, the prize is $10, not $5 as shown on Nov 23 results page,

Rip SnorterMulti-StateCanada Lotto 6/49 3of6 13-17-33-36-38-49 04-06-10-17-33-49$5
Rip SnorterMulti-StateCanada Lotto 6/49 3of6 15-17-18-32-33-4904-06-10-17-33-49$5

Cheers

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

That's the predictions winners page you're looking at, not the results page.  The predictions winners page uses standard simulated payouts for each game, not the actual payout of each individual lottery.  That allows us to have a meaningful comparison of prize winnings between games.

lottoshlep

Ok, I wasn't aware of the standardization ... I stand corrected.

Cheers

Rip Snorter

Lottoshlep:

There was no actual money involved in all that stuff, so I wouldn't be offended no matter what the page said and the calculations ended up being.  I predicted a lot of draws the past while and would have cost a lot more making the predictions than has come back in.

For me it's just a fun way of keeping track of whether I'm getting any better at this than I have been in the past.  No big deal one way or another.

Best to you,

Jack

Rip Snorter

Ok, I wasn't aware of the standardization ... I stand corrected.

Cheers

My poor old predictions being the subject of a thread caused me to go over and take a look to try to fathom why anyone would be fretting about calculations of my predictions.  I'm surprised to see that I've evidently had a gooder guess than I'd noticed.

Fact is, I'm not doing anything particularly unusual, certainly nothing complicated.  Likely it's just a fluke that will quickly raise its fo'csle and sink beneath the waves of imaginary money pouring in through the hull.

There's nothing I'm doing with those numbers any Platinum Member can't do.  It's all available over there amongst the Platinum features.

Have a good'un.

J

lottoshlep

Lottoshlep:

There was no actual money involved in all that stuff, so I wouldn't be offended no matter what the page said and the calculations ended up being.  I predicted a lot of draws the past while and would have cost a lot more making the predictions than has come back in.

For me it's just a fun way of keeping track of whether I'm getting any better at this than I have been in the past.  No big deal one way or another.

Best to you,

Jack

Hi Jack,

no probs, I understood the gist and setup of the predictions section, just got caught up in the details of the records. So for the sake of 'correcting' what I thought may have been an error I brought it up. Like you say, no big deal ....  interesting read though.

Cheers and Good Luck! 

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

Rip nice job on the 3 of 5 in marylands Bonus match 5 also whish i had looked at the predictions before i left to play that day i might have used your selections with mine and made a big winner from it. Oh well maybe tonight.

Rip Snorter

Rip nice job on the 3 of 5 in marylands Bonus match 5 also whish i had looked at the predictions before i left to play that day i might have used your selections with mine and made a big winner from it. Oh well maybe tonight.

Hi Four4me.  Thanks.

I'd hold off a while on using any numbers of mine.  I'm just practicing, just playing, trying various things.  You've been at this a long time and I'm still a neophyte struggling to figure things out.

If I ever catch on with this stuff I'll be trying to steal your numbers and go home rich.

Meanwhile, mine are just monopoly money and air.

Jack

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

Hi Four4me.  Thanks.

I'd hold off a while on using any numbers of mine.  I'm just practicing, just playing, trying various things.  You've been at this a long time and I'm still a neophyte struggling to figure things out.

If I ever catch on with this stuff I'll be trying to steal your numbers and go home rich.

Meanwhile, mine are just monopoly money and air.

Jack

what i meant by what i said is i do my own workouts and some of my selections had the same numbers in them as yours................. had i of wheeled yours with mine i might had won more money...  15 bucks is ok for grins and giggles but i'm after the 50 grand tax free dough!

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?