No textNo textNo text

Which is better?

CountryChick

If this has already been asked, Im sorry.

Im just curious to find out if lottery winners picked their own numbers or let the computer pick them? 

Does anyone know any statistics on this?

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
sirbrad

Yeah this has been discussed many times here. I have found during my research that more than 70-80% claim to have won via QPs. Simply go to powerball.com and read all the stories. I think two or three or so only picked their own numbers. Course we do not know if they played QPs, or how many along with their numbers. Either way has a good chance as any.

Pick-4_Master

"Quick-Picks" and "Self-Picks" which one is better? well that's an easy answer "neither one is better than the other" why? simple both methods have won "Jackpots" and it doesn't really matter which method won the most because it only takes "one" hit and most players "buy quick-picks" so therefore a lot of your "Jackpots" are gonna come from "Quick-Picks".Your average/typical player will usually buy a quick-pick over trying to select his own numbers unless they use the old "Anniversary,Ages,Birthday" method of play.Here in Miami I mostly see players buying quick-picks over self-picks everytime I go play my numbers.

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
lottaloot

I pick my own

angelm's avatar - anne
angelm

pick my own but sometimes get a q.p.

konane's avatar - wallace
konane

Quick Picks win more often because more players choose them as sirbrad posted.

However, people who choose their own numbers have a higher percentage of wins because of having done research, comparisons, filtering which then gives them the best choices to play.  They maximize impact of discretionary lottery dollars spent.

ryanm

Quick Picks win more often because more players choose them as sirbrad posted.

However, people who choose their own numbers have a higher percentage of wins because of having done research, comparisons, filtering which then gives them the best choices to play.  They maximize impact of discretionary lottery dollars spent.

Yeah, I tried that once, but I still came up with too many "What if's?" to narrow it down to the best choice for ONE play, so I still play quick picks, and always will.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
sirbrad

Playing your own numbers is along tedious process that is dependent on dedicated research. I have invested A LOT time studying numbers, and their consistencies. Basically by doing this, you are placing your own 'personal stamp' on the numbers you select. Which in turn is a lot more gratifying when they hit. You feel a true sense of accomplishment. Approve

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

I think a lot of people do both. I tend to pick my own nubmers, but every once in a while, I'll get a couple of quick picks.

Pick-4_Master

I never "buy" quick-picks because it's against my Religion!!!!

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?