No textNo textNo text

Calif. Players Got $554,347!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

Did you notice that the 2 players from California who matched 5+0 in Mega Millions got $554,347 each?

(If only one person hit the prize, they would have won over $1 million.)

I really like the California prize rules.

Here's a link to the drawing info:

http://www.usamega.com/mega-millions-drawing.asp?d=10/21/2005

CASH Only

todd:

I did not win on my CA Mega Millions ticket for 10/14. I did win $6 in the same drawing on a TX Megaplier ticket (Mega Ball only with 3x).

ryanm

lucky California winners

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

To bad more states don't apply that rule.

ryanm

New York is probably big enough to apply that rule.

CASH Only

ryan,

Yeah. But NY requires MM players to choose cash or annuity BEFORE they buy a ticket.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

Yeah New York is probably big enough to apply it to, but I think they should include it in all the MM states.

Just6ntlc

Todd, it would have been nice if only one ticket matched 5 numbers, but missed the Mega Ball to win at least $1 million. As it stands right now, CA has only one millionare that matched all 5 numbers, but missed the MB. I hope CA wins a Mega Millions jackpot soon.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

To bad more states don't apply that rule.

I agree with you on that, but on the other hand all the complainers come out when the prize is won by a lot of people on one night and they get LESS than the other states.

If you accept the possibility of larger prizes, you also have to accept the RISK of LOWER prizes.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

I agree with you on that, but on the other hand all the complainers come out when the prize is won by a lot of people on one night and they get LESS than the other states.

If you accept the possibility of larger prizes, you also have to accept the RISK of LOWER prizes.

What is that called Todd? Oh Yeah, A Double Edged Sword!Oogle

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
Shawnintennesse

ryan,

Yeah. But NY requires MM players to choose cash or annuity BEFORE they buy a ticket.

Phil Bredesen probably came up with that rule...LOL

Lord knows he's sure messing up Tennessee..

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?