No textNo textNo text

Lottery horror stories

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
sirbrad

http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com/2004/12/winning-isnt-everything.html

Interesting read. Also exactly why I would never move out of my small, isolated dead town. Also some good tips to follow if you should win.

MrBobb
Very interesting - thanks for posting the link.

Here's another article that may be of interest to LP members:

www.note.com/note/pp/jackpot.html

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
sirbrad

Yea I posted that one also in some other thread, as an example of what I would "if I won." :)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

That article just seems focused on race for some reason.  I never understand that concept.  Money spends the same, no matter what your skin color.

boknows

That article is kinda offensive to generalize blacks . Many Black people are financially prudent individuals. 

Chewie

If you are a member of the LP and haven't figured out there are pitfalls involved with winning, you're not paying attention and, should you win, will become part of natures natural filter. For those on the outside, non-LP members, they will be what they are.

Bottom line. If you're not that swift, and you know who you are, when you win the lottery, get all the help you can afford right away. If you are reasonably intelligent and you win the lottery, wait ten minutes and get all the help you can afford.

Galethog

That article just seems focused on race for some reason.  I never understand that concept.  Money spends the same, no matter what your skin color.

The article was from "Jet" magazine, which caters to African-Americans. It wasn't racist, just focused toward it's intend readers.

MrBobb

Yea I posted that one also in some other thread, as an example of what I would "if I won." :)

Ok, I remembered seeing that one posted in one of the threads, but I didn't remember who posted it.  Thanks for doing so!  Even though the "Jackpot!" article is about 10 years old, most of the information is still valid and useful.

Do we have a thread here on Lottery Post that contains the links to all of these types of articles?  If not, perhaps it would be a good idea to compile this information into one thread.

Chewie

I agree - lets give Todd something more to do.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?