No textNo textNo text

You Just Never Know When It Could Winfall

JimmySand9

Like a water balloon, you never know when the jackpot can burst open!

Once the jackpot reaches $5,000,000 (30 year annuity), something interesting happens. It doesn't just keep rolling, and it doesn't just rolldown. What happens is a PowerPlay-style wheel comes out. It has 6 slots, 4 are "Roll Over" slots, 2 are "Roll Down" slots.

If it lands in the "Roll Over" slot, the jackpot will roll into the next draw if nobody wins.

If it lands in the "Roll Down" slot, should there be no winner, the jackpot will be distributed among the lower tiers.

If someone matches all of the numbers, they win the jackpot regardless of where the wheel lands.

Let's try a scenario, we have a 6/49 game, $1 a play. Now the regular payouts would look something like this:

•    
  • Match 6 - Jackpot
  •    
  • Match 5 - $2,700
  •    
  • Match 4 - $50
  •    
  • Match 3 - $5

Now if it hits $5M, and the wheel hits "Roll Down" on the wheel's first go around, the payouts would look something like this.

•    
  • Match 6 - N/A
  •    
  • Match 5 - $20,000
  •    
  • Match 4 - $380
  •    
  • Match 3 - $40

But like I said, a rolldown is not a sure thing. If it hits "Roll Over", and there no winner, it will go beyond $5M. Let's say it hit $15M and it finally hit the "Roll Down" slot. Here's what might happen if there was no jackpot hit.

•    
  • Match 6 - N/A
  •    
  • Match 5 - $60,000
  •    
  • Match 4 - $1,140
  •    
  • Match 3 - $120
How exciting is that?! It would be a great solution for both sides. Maybe Lotto South can adopt this format. That would get it going!
ryanm

That sounds like an interesting game.  However, the state lottery could go bankrupt if it constantly got "roll down" at the starting jackpot level.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Bradly_60

Well it can't rolldown at the starting level.  You would start the jackpot at 1 or 2 million and when it reaches 5 then it would rolldown.  Michigan Winfall and Mass Winfall are examples.

Brad

JimmySand9

That sounds like an interesting game.  However, the state lottery could go bankrupt if it constantly got "roll down" at the starting jackpot level.

It's not allowed to rolldown at the minimum level. The wheel only comes out when it's $5M or above.

CASH Only

MA Ca$h WinFall just had a record day for sales for its recent Winfall. The game is picking up speed despite its $2 price.

Greg

Jimmy, your payouts are ALWAYS MUCH too LOW!

You're fired!

:-)

JimmySand9

Jimmy, your payouts are ALWAYS MUCH too LOW!

You're fired!

:-)

You want all the lotteries to go bankrupt!

Please. I calculated it to 50%, sometimes even 60%. What more do you want me to do? You are the guy who thought 4/10 in keno should pay $5,000 (remember your Kenoball thread). What is that? A 50,000% payout? God forbid I create an idea that's actually DOABLE!

Raven62's avatar - binary
Raven62

Try selling it to the Pa. Lottery!

Party 

TheGameGrl's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
TheGameGrl

Jimmy- I think your concept is  ingenious!  Seriously , have you considered suggesting your ideas to the state lotteries? PA could use a game like this to take over the Unlucky for life game. I'd certainly buy a ticket or two just to get the hang of it!  thanks for sharing some of your concepts!

Chewie

Submit and document.  Some one did that few years ago (on a card) and got a cash for the idea.  You never know what some one will buy.

hypersoniq's avatar - binary
hypersoniq

PA won't buy GOOD ideas...

for them, you could try stuff like

1. $1 a day for life! (what would you do with a check a day in your mailbox!)

2. Whack-A-Groundhog Instant Game (Look out Gus!) over $1,000,000 in cash (1,000,000 $1 winners)

3. Lucky for Life "happy terminal tune" re-mix... if you plunk down $2 for the game that was custom tailored to lottery player's requests, and the happy tune plays backwards and the voice of satan (or Ed Rendell) says "buy more tickets" you win $20 instead of $10 ;-)

JimmySand9

O.K. I sent my idea. I'll post the reply here.

JimmySand9

Well, the guy said I had an entreprenuerial spirit. But them I got the old "we only listen to Scientific Games" spiel. Of course I could send my idea to Scientific, but they never respond to anything I say.

This is a poster child example on how not to run a business.

CASH Only

Well, the guy said I had an entreprenuerial spirit. But them I got the old "we only listen to Scientific Games" spiel. Of course I could send my idea to Scientific, but they never respond to anything I say.

In other words, it was SGI who suggested PA offer Unlucky for Life?

JimmySand9

In other words, it was SGI who suggested PA offer Unlucky for Life?

Hmm, I guess it was.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?