No textNo textNo text

lotto south poll

LOTTOMIKE

do you see lotto south making it through 2006?

Just6ntlc

I think Lotto South will be dropped because more states are going multi state. GA already has Mega Millions, and KY and TN already has PB.

CASH Only

I would hate to see LS discontinued, especially if KY replaces it with a "lose for life" game. LS had so much potential, but the three states didn't shoot high enough.

konane's avatar - wallace
konane

Lotto South is a text book example of a high matrix game not delivering desired jackpots. 

Players have seen jackpots in both Mega Millions and Powerball raised by matrix increases, making odds of winning far more difficult.  However, these two games came out of the chute as high jackpot games.  Players knew they would be more difficult to win and spent accordingly.

Lotto South has been a very poor substitute for Lotto Georgia which was discontinued due to a drop in ticket sales when Georgia got Powerball, then Mega Millions. 

However, it seems that many jackpot fatigued Georgia players would welcome back Lotto Georgia with its original 6-46 matrix, drawn once a week to again have a major jackpot lottery with shorter odds. 

I also feel that money would flow into Georgia from across state lines as it did when Lotto Georgia was active.

My opinion, can Lotto South ASAP and reinstitute a sensible lotto game. 

MrBobb

I voted no.

konane said:

"However, it seems that many jackpot fatigued Georgia players would welcome back Lotto Georgia with its original 6-46 matrix, drawn once a week to again have a major jackpot lottery with shorter odds.

I also feel that money would flow into Georgia from across state lines as it did when Lotto Georgia was active.

My opinion, can Lotto South ASAP and reinstitute a sensible lotto game."

I agree. I really liked Lotto Georgia, and I spent more (and won more) playing it.   When I get to Georgia, I usually just play Fantasty 5. I rarely play Lotto South any more.

If they brought back Lotto Georgia with its original 6-46 matrix, drawn once a week, I'd be willing drive to the state line a bit more often (it's a little over an hour and a half drive to the GA state line from where I live in Alabama).

If they do bring it back, I hope they'll avoid the temptaion to make it a twice per week draw, and just stick to the old format.

konane's avatar - wallace
konane

I voted no.

konane said:

"However, it seems that many jackpot fatigued Georgia players would welcome back Lotto Georgia with its original 6-46 matrix, drawn once a week to again have a major jackpot lottery with shorter odds.

My opinion, can Lotto South ASAP and reinstitute a sensible lotto game."

I agree. I really liked Lotto Georgia, and I spent more (and won more) playing it.   When I get to Georgia, I usually just play Fantasty 5. I rarely play Lotto South any more.

If they brought back Lotto Georgia with its original 6-46 matrix, drawn once a week, I'd be willing drive to the state line a bit more often (it's a little over an hour and a half drive to the GA state line from where I live in Alabama).

If they do bring it back, I hope they'll avoid the temptaion to make it a twice per week draw, and just stick to the old format.

Sun Smiley  You are my hero!!!  Cool  Big Grin 

Would you please email the Georgia Lottery and let them know your views??  The squeaky wheel gets the most grease!!

I don't have the accounting figures but believe that Lotto Georgia drawn once a week brought in more inflation adjusted dollars and actual dollars than Lotto South. 

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?