No textNo textNo text

what's better? Annuaty or Lump sum

Dream's avatar - dragon1
Dream

If you take $125M ($167M-25%) in graduated annual payments and invest all of the payments into CD at 3.7% over 29 years you would get ~$200,686,862. But if you take the lump sum and invested over 30 years at the same rate you would get ~185,363,823.41 at the end. I am not a pro , so I do not know any other factors

JONMOJON

Does someone know in what state Primeserviceticket buys the tickets, and if they choose lump-sum or annuity when they buy them?

acronym007

We have discussed this many times here. Cash is better, if you ask the majority. Here's another important reason why we fail to mention many time in here. If you were to get a divorce or have children you ex-wife/husband could take part of anything they you receive weekly, mothly, annually, etc... They cannot take lump sum monies in most states and cases.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

I would take the cash and I feel that one lump sum would work better for me. Of course everyone is different.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

Does someone know in what state Primeserviceticket buys the tickets, and if they choose lump-sum or annuity when they buy them?

Since I would use primeticket service primarily for Euromillions it would be a moot point. Since they also state that you will be picking up the check you can opt for cash at that time in almost every state.

acronym007

Hey dvdiva, I use them for that also. So what do we do while it's shut down? LOL

ryanm

Lump sum is always better

LOTTOMIKE

Lottery Post: cash vs. annuity,i did an in depth poll on this here recently.ENJOY

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

Hey dvdiva, I use them for that also. So what do we do while it's shut down? LOL

It's odd that they have the UK game but not Euromillions. Hopefully they can get that added again soon.

JONMOJON

Thanks for the reply.  Before knowing about betslips, I bought tickets for euromillions through OSA when the jackpot was over 70 millions euros; later I knew my tickets started playing one month after I bought them, sadly for me, someone won euromillions when the jackpot was over 90 millions, and I never got the chance to play for the big jackpot, I still have some draws to play.

JADELottery's avatar - AMeOn 02.png
JADELottery

LUMP SUM

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

Thanks for the reply.  Before knowing about betslips, I bought tickets for euromillions through OSA when the jackpot was over 70 millions euros; later I knew my tickets started playing one month after I bought them, sadly for me, someone won euromillions when the jackpot was over 90 millions, and I never got the chance to play for the big jackpot, I still have some draws to play.

I would avoid OSA if at all possible.  A complete ripoff, IMHO, and pretty strange, as you found out.  Their prices are so expensive it's outrageous.

acronym007

Todd, I respect your opinion when it comes to lottery issues more than anyone else but I have this question. If Prime Ticket Service is not offering the lotto you want to play, isn't OSA better than nothing? It's good in fact that they have had a paid their winners, at least they honest, no? I personally only use OSA for lotto's that PTS doesn't offer but if PTS started to offer them tomorrow I would switch immediately. If there is a better service than OSA but not as good as PTS please let me know as I would be interested. Thanks

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?