No textNo textNo text

Easy-Win Concepts

JimmySand9

We've seen some lotteries replacing some of their games with games that have better overall odds, and that put more of the prize pool in smaller prizes. Which one is the best though? My pick has to be the original, Match 6. Not only are there plenty of smaller prizes which are easy to win, but it also gets big jackpots. And not just any big jackpots, big CASH jackpots!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
RJOh

You make it sound like some states want to give more money to their players.  States change games because they want to give more money to themselves.  Either some players are winning more than predicted or players have gotten tired of losing and are playing less.  Either way the states are making less money. 

Ohio came up with Lot'O Play which has 12 ways to win but the player can only pick one and the other eleven are picked automatically.  Obviously the state thinks the out comes are more profitable when their terminals pick the numbers for the players.  This is a great game for players who buy QPs and hope to get lucky, but for the players who enjoys tracking numbers and picking their own numbers, it's bad news.  Ohio is also considering adding another game similar to their KICKER game which is also a QP game.  I'm starting to think there may be some system players out there that are making money playing the lotteries that have decent jackpots and states are adjusting their games accordingly.

JimmySand9

You make it sound like some states want to give more money to their players.  States change games because they want to give more money to themselves.  Either some players are winning more than predicted or players have gotten tired of losing and are playing less.  Either way the states are making less money. 

Ohio came up with Lot'O Play which has 12 ways to win but the player can only pick one and the other eleven are picked automatically.  Obviously the state thinks the out comes are more profitable when their terminals pick the numbers for the players.  This is a great game for players who buy QPs and hope to get lucky, but for the players who enjoys tracking numbers and picking their own numbers, it's bad news.  Ohio is also considering adding another game similar to their KICKER game which is also a QP game.  I'm starting to think there may be some system players out there that are making money playing the lotteries that have decent jackpots and states are adjusting their games accordingly.

I see you're referring to 'Sweet 7'. It's a combo game between Pick 3 and Pick 4. You can indeed pick your own numbers for this, it simply combines the Pick 3/4 numbers into the Sweet 7 numbers.

CASH Only

Does anyone know whether OH Lot O' Play (starts in a week) is cash or annuitized? I will be driving through OH just after the game starts. The OH website doesn't say.

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
Shawnintennesse

I have the brochure right here. You pick 5 of the numbers yourself. And the rest are picked for you.

And it bets tho odds on the superlotto. That game has never had good odds. I'm from Cuyahoga Falls originnaly.

You have alot better chance of hitting it. 00-99 are the numbers you choose between. So theres about 50,000 numbers.

And you can match those in diffrent directions which you cnt do with the current game.

I cant count the times ive had all 5 numbers in diffrent places.

In Ohio they give you a choice between cash or annuity...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
RJOh

There are 75,287,520 possible combinations of 5/100. The 12 way match reduce your odds of  matching 5 for the jackpot to 75287520/12 = 1:6,273,960 for a $2 ticket. 

The odds of matching 6 for the jackpot in Super Lotto was 1:13,983,816 for a $1 ticket.  Had you bought  two $1 tickets your odds of winning the jackpot would have been 1:6,991,908 for $2.

The odds are a little better for winning $1M than they were for $4M, so what you really have in about the same odds or winning 25% of the old prize promoted as being much better odds and people who didn't pay attention in their high school math classes believe it.

JimmySand9

Lot 'O Play should've been a M-Th game, instead of a replacement for the traditional SLP. By the way, get plenty of tickets for the final drawing. If no one wins, it rolls down! It's gonna be huge.

Shawnintennesse

Luckily i have family up there.

So i'll have me cousin get me a few multi-draw tickets and send them down to me.

This game sounds awesome. Dont think theres another one like it in the country..

JimmySand9

So i'll have me cousin get me a few multi-draw tickets and send them down to me.

This game sounds awesome. Dont think theres another one like it in the country..

It does sound like fun. Like Tic-Tac-Cash on steroids.

Shawnintennesse

It does sound like fun. Like Tic-Tac-Cash on steroids.

I dont know if you have Bingo scratchers up there. But Ohio does. And it's kind of like that. Without the scratch.

Tic-Tac-Cash on steroids...LOL

Thats a good one...LOLROFL

ryanm

That's exactly the point.  Lotteries are supposed to be designed so that no system can beat it.  If a system actually works, the game has to cease to exist or the lottery will go bankrupt, and nobody can win a lottery that does not exist.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
RJOh

ryanm writes:

"That's exactly the point.  Lotteries are supposed to be designed so that no system can beat it.  If a system actually works, the game has to cease to exist or the lottery will go bankrupt, and nobody can win a lottery that does not exist."

I understand your point but 6/49 games are still being played in Canada and the UK so I doubt if there is really a system that can be it.  It's obvious to me the lottery commission is replacing the 649 game which has a starting cash jackpot of $2M and replacing it with a bingo style game with similar odds per $2 bet and a starting cash jackpot of a half million dollars to cut cost.  They are selling it as an improved game that will pay out more but time will tell if anybody really believe that.  If any Ohio players has really figured out how to beat the 649 game, they'll head up to Canada to play there.

CASH Only

I have yet to try a game listed above (MA Ca$h WinFall, with 1:6 overall odds, is not included.) Of the four listed, the DE game is slightly better than PA or Tri-State. Lot O' Play probably will pay cash option winners exactly half of the annuity, instead of a floating percentage.

Greg

I hate that PA's Lucky For Life is TWICE the cost of PA's Match 6/49 game, still, LFL is only 6/38, which is much better odds.  Hence, I prefer it over Match 6.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
MADDOG10

ryanm writes:

"That's exactly the point.  Lotteries are supposed to be designed so that no system can beat it.  If a system actually works, the game has to cease to exist or the lottery will go bankrupt, and nobody can win a lottery that does not exist."

I understand your point but 6/49 games are still being played in Canada and the UK so I doubt if there is really a system that can be it.  It's obvious to me the lottery commission is replacing the 649 game which has a starting cash jackpot of $2M and replacing it with a bingo style game with similar odds per $2 bet and a starting cash jackpot of a half million dollars to cut cost.  They are selling it as an improved game that will pay out more but time will tell if anybody really believe that.  If any Ohio players has really figured out how to beat the 649 game, they'll head up to Canada to play there.

Grab the dogs Ladyfriend, we're going north of the border.!

Mush 

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?