No textNo textNo text

All Lotteries

LiLSpeedy's avatar - 2714
LiLSpeedy

I often wondered if the lottery people are using our predictions to determine what numbers they will or will not let fall. I know all about probability and statistics, so please don't come at me with that. I want to know your gut feeling.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
RJOh

Some predictors may believe they are picking winning numbers and lotteries are picking other numbers just to make them look bad, but they are legends in their own minds. The facts are somebody going to win regardless of the numbers drawn and as  the odds suggest there are going to be a lot of losers.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif
emilyg

i voted yes - BY MISTAKE

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
BobP

We're like fleas on the dog, the lottery ignores us unless we make a nuisance of ourselves and force them to take notice.  Their only interest is in hitting their projections. A predictor would have to hit often enough to affect profit to wake the lottery up. 

On the other hand, they do notice how much is wagered on every Pick-3/4 number and take action to cut off play on numbers over subscribed.  So better to ask if the lottery might try to avoid drawing a number with a high incidence of play.  BobP

pacattack05

Two items.

First, As far as ping pong balls are concerned, and not computerized ones, There is practically no way to manipulate them in a drawing, which I might add is witnessed by an independent auditor, as the drawing is taking place.

Secondly, Proof of honesty by " The Lottery People ", comes by the way of science.

You can run RNGs over and over again, and compare them with real state drawings and come up with pretty much the same amount of hits.

If after a simulated 1000 drawings of RNGs spit out more wins, than real drawings, then you would definitely know that the lottery people were up to something I'm not aware of. Until then we can be rest assured that the even amount of losses and wins, reflect the chaotic events of real state drawings, and RNGs, respectively.

So since, both the real lottery and RNGs spit out pretty much the same amount of wins and losses, the lottery people are on the up and up.

Just6ntlc

I don't like to tip anyone in Lotto. I have a small budget.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

If I post numbers they are usually from an RNG like www.random.org. I don't think you are tiping lottery officials off at all. If the numbers look good there is a chance that someone will play them creating multiple winners should they come up. If they were going to rig the lotteries there would be far more 300 million dollar jackpots since they would get a large spike in sales by doing so.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

Glad to see this poll, and glad to see that most people answered "no".  After all, I'm not sure what a lottery person could do if they see someone's prediction.  I think the most they could do is to wish the person doesn't win!

iam713's avatar - techno eye.jpg
iam713

I'm not sure what RNG means, however I do know that the balls are pick ramdomly by ball sets.  There are certain numbers that comes out each month. And certain numbers that follow each other. There is a computerize system to give them the value of how many times those balls are chosen, that is why there is a certain payout amount on the system. If it pays out too much, then you can rest assure that those ball sets will not be chosen. That is why sometime we are off on our picking of the numbers. As far as the LP is concern they do know about LP, but it does not concern them what we are doing because they have a good program. Once someone breaks that program then you may have a problem. That is why they want to go computerize. So, everybody in LP keep picking until you break the system. I always wonder if someone in LP works for States Lottery that is keeping an watch on website like this. Maybe I am parinoid, but I just have that gut feeling.

"Keep picking until you can't pick no more"

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

I'm not sure what RNG means, however I do know that the balls are pick ramdomly by ball sets.  There are certain numbers that comes out each month. And certain numbers that follow each other. There is a computerize system to give them the value of how many times those balls are chosen, that is why there is a certain payout amount on the system. If it pays out too much, then you can rest assure that those ball sets will not be chosen. That is why sometime we are off on our picking of the numbers. As far as the LP is concern they do know about LP, but it does not concern them what we are doing because they have a good program. Once someone breaks that program then you may have a problem. That is why they want to go computerize. So, everybody in LP keep picking until you break the system. I always wonder if someone in LP works for States Lottery that is keeping an watch on website like this. Maybe I am parinoid, but I just have that gut feeling.

There is only one person "in LP" -- me -- and I don't work for the lottery.

iam713

I am sorry Todd if I said anything wrong. I just thought which such a nice website you had other people working for you. Please forgive me and I wish you all the riches. What is RNG?

iam713

I am sorry Todd if I said anything wrong. I just thought with such a nice website you had other people working for you. Please forgive me and I wish you all the riches. What is RNG?

Rip Snorter

Key phrase:  Maybe I am parinoid

A reality check every now and then can sometimes help.  Take a look at the MD MM Challenge history.  The lottery people aren't lying awake nights fretting over whether anyone's broken the program.

On the other hand, any gambler who believes the game is fixed would be crazy to continue playing.  And anyone who believes the lotteries are reading the threads and predictions here so's to jimmy the draw results certainly ought to give some thought to whether to post predictions.

My guess is that those lottery folks who read the predictions and threads just do it for a belly-laugh when their lives begin to feel boring.

Jack

iam713

Jack, thank you for your opinion. And I just took the poll like everybody else and gave my own opinion. I was not trying to suggest anything about this website. I enjoy this site like everybody else and I hope I can continue to post as long as my health allows me too.  Can you tell me what RNG means?

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

RNG= Random Number Generator

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?