No textNo textNo text

Did Hot Lotto begin five years too late?

CASH Only

I'm thinking why HL is struggling. It began in 2002 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Powerball. Maybe it should have been offered instead of Daily Millions, as a 5th anniversary game. It probably would have started with more MUSL members, like Rhode Island, then the actual six, which has become eight. The name "Hot Lotto" was used by Idaho for a pick-5, which probably explains why ID doesn't sell it. Perhaps Kentucky, which for years was interested in a regional multi-state game, would be selling it instead of Lotto South. Lastly, HL should have been drawn Mon-Thu or Tue-Fri.

JimmySand9

There were missteps all along the way with Hot Lotto. From the format, to the drawing days, they really screwed up what could've been a great game. Have you ever noticed how these second-banana games from MUSL have gotten gradually worse, and less innovative. First came Daily Millions, which was one of the most unique games ever created. Then Cash4Life, which had a unique prize (at the time) but borrowed NJ's Lotzee format. Then came Rolldown, which was just a pick-5 overgrown in all the wrong places. And now Hot Lotto, which is nothing more than a runt Powerball. What's next, a 40% payout game? I just hope they turn around and replace it with something better, it's too late to save HL now.

CASH Only

jimmy:

Only MUSL knows whether Hot Lotto will be gone soon, or whether they're trying to get Oklahoma to play it. I know all too well about games with a 40% prize return.

CASH Only

HL hit again for less than $2 million. Does anyone know where?

CASH Only

Another sign HL is in bad shape: The latest jackpot "winner" made the wrong choice. Powerball got the hint after two consecutive "winners" chose annuity.

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

Hot Lotto should never had started then more people would be playing Powerball !

JimmySand9

Hot Lotto was a half-baked idea, period. It has the same draw nights as Powerball, and have the same play style as Powerball. The only difference is Powerball has much bigger jackpots. The casual player, which makes up the vast majority of players, only cares about the top prize, so they'll only be playing PB. There's no real incentive to play Hot Lotto as long as it competes directly with Powerball.

So MUSL, do us all a favor, put your thinking caps on, and come up with something different. Something new, refreshing, and innovative.

JimmySand9

Another sign HL is in bad shape: The latest jackpot "winner" made the wrong choice. Powerball got the hint after two consecutive "winners" chose annuity.

The latest jackpot winner was a recent immigrant from Kenya, and became a US Citizen the day he won. Cut him some slack, he's new to all this. Besides, $60,000 a year for 20 years is nothing to cough at.

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
starchild_45

i wish i could play it more often. i like the crappy odds about hot lotto. a guarantee pot of a million dollars. that is all i need.

CASH Only

jimmy:

His prize is in 25 annual installments (not 20.) He's from a part of the world where AIDS is rampant.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?