No textNo textNo text

Do you buy few tickets each time or wait?

rundown99's avatar - cigar
rundown99

Do you play a few tickets each time or Do you play a lot of tickets once a month or even once every two months?  What is your opinion on the matter?  What is your rationale on frequency of lottery play?  Is it better to play a lot once a month compared to playing just one or two tickets every drawing?  Some winners have bought a lot of tickets once in a while (such as South Carolina's first Powerball winner in 2003;  Pennsylvania Powerball winner on New Year's Eve in late 2003), but most winners seem to have played a couple or few tickets more often (Indiana Powerball winner in January 2003; People who keep playing the same numbers, such as the Idaho Powerball winner in May 2005; people who play birthdays, etc.)

Just wondering where most people stand on the issue.

rundown99

More tickets would bring more chances.

rundown99

But it only takes one ticket to win.

JimmySand9

FEW tickets once in a while

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

Same as JimmySand9. I only by a few every now and then.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

Few tickets every draw (except when it's a big big jackpot like MM right now).

Rip Snorter

Usually five or ten bucks per draw unless I buy more and go higher because of one thing or another.

Jack

Chewie

Normally I buy three ticket sets;  Each set has one QP and one with my number. I go to three stores and spend $2.00 in each store; hoping to get a diversified QP from three machines. I tend to buy two drawings each time I buy. For this week, I bought an additional $5.00 block in NJ and a second block for $5.00 in NY, two with my numbers, three with QP.  As I mentioned in a different thread, in NJ & NY, you have to choose annuity or cash when you buy the ticket; I always choose cash. I would rather control my destiny then have the state control it.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

I don't buy tickets in MM or powerball unless it breaks 300 (or 180 cash whatever is greater). I plan on spending alot if it finally breaks 300.

mken32's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
mken32

I buy about 4 drawings @ 5.00 a pop equals 20.00 I have to drive about 40 miles to purchase my tix cross GA state coming from FL (Jax) it depends on the size of the Jackpot... min 60 million dollars I'll go and make the drive and hope and the Gas is twenty cents cheaper good deal.

Mken32

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

My run for MM tickets is 40 miles round trip (Maryland). I have been known to make a run to NJ just for tickets and that trip is 90 miles round trip! Now this weekend I'll be staying in NJ starting early Friday evening, so I'll be getting my MM tickets then. I hope no later than 8pm to have my transaction completed! I also like the fact that NJ is a no tax state on lottery winnings, WoooooHooooo.Cheers

delS

I like to buy $5 or $10 each, for 4 or 5 draws ahead.  Only after PB or MM reaches $50 million

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif
JKING

Definetly a few every time.  Think about it..

say $5...5/173M for Mega Millions vs

$50...50/173M....How much of your chances of winning realy changed?

If it is meant to be, it does matter how many tickets you buy. Conversly, if it wasn't meant to be, it doesn't matter how many tickets you buy.

For me, I'd rather have a chance every time. If you don't play, you have no chance at all.

delS

JKing-

I identify with your statement, "I'd rather have a chance everytime.  If you don't play, you have no chance.  If a 68 year old grandmother can win a $296m Jackpot; if a group of auto store workers can win a jackpot; if an aerobics instructor can win $96m; if j. whitaker can win, who is to say that my chances of winning aren't good! 

Chewie

For MM, I usually buy a minimum of two draws at a time. Two picks a ticket, one QP one slected. Three tickets. Tuesday and Wednesdayat the same time. Usually Saturday morning, to beat the mad rush to the machines.

When I drive to PA for PB, I try to buy the same grouping, only for five draws. 50 miles RT on a one lane highway is a pain.

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?