No textNo textNo text

$172M & Katrina Relief

delS

I would purchase homes and vehicles for a select number of families and let them live rent free for a year, and keep the vehicle.  Totalling $1million.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
DoctorEw220

i'd give more than $1 million, overall.  i'd be taking the annual payments, so it would be over time.  the main reason why i would give more than $1 million is because the celebrities are giving $1 million, and they should be giving more.

Littlemanjen

I would do my own foundation. I and 10 other friends are providing everything to a family on Saturday displaced here from New Orleans and they are going to rent for free from another guy for 6 months. I would do that many times over if I was to win.

delS

Littlemanjen-

The nation is much stronger when people like you and your family step it up like that!  Bless you.

Just6ntlc

If I buy a ticket and win the jackpot, I give them at least $1 million to efforts from Hurricane Katrina and maybe some homes because my family would be the one responsible for the winnings. I'll also start a trust fund for the family and hurricane victims while focusing on my education.

JimmySand9

I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably just dump some food personally from my private jet!

lexe2

Hey guys i will win, then i would give away most of the monies 93% to help the people or say the victims of Hurricane Katrina educate them and prepare  them for the future! in turn only ask for them help others, give from the heart!  Blue Angel

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

Hate to be on the opposite side of this but I probably would give very little the first year and make NO promises as to where any of the money would go. I would need a year just to adjust to a very different lifestyle and income.

That being said I would probably give to the Salvation Army and www.pva.org. 

Chewie

Becareful what you promise to give - there is that little law revolving around money laundering.  Give 93% and you'll be in jail, because you can't afford to pay the fines for "giving" over the legal limit.  The internet should be used to educate, studying what you can and cannot do when you win, should be a pleasant pass-time.

Rip Snorter

Salvation Army seems a good choice to me, but since nobody won the jackpot I suppose it's moot.

I'm a PB player anyway.

If I won tonight I'd make my choices of what to do with it, charity-wise, without regard to the hurricane and the aftermath.  I don't believe there's anything particularly special about the hurricane victims, over various other situations of human distress.  For the moment the hurricane victims appear to be receiving plenty of attention.  Long after they've gone where ever they're going and done whatever they're going to do there'll still be plenty of human misery floating around the planet to try to help in some rational way. 

But I think I can say with certainty I wouldn't use the 'shotgun' approach to charity, just throwing money at whatever picture of anguish appeared on the front page of the daily newspaper without regard to the circumstances that led to the anguished look, and whether the charity bucks would be more likely to help, or just make me feel better about myself.

Just my view.

Jack

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif
emilyg

don't forget the cats and dogs, et all

Chewie

Would be one of my priorities, no matter when I won!

As I said on other threads, people can make choices, animals are subject to the best and worst of humans - right now they need the best from people!

konane's avatar - wallace
konane

Would be one of my priorities, no matter when I won!

As I said on other threads, people can make choices, animals are subject to the best and worst of humans - right now they need the best from people!

I Agree! 

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg
powerplayer

I would give a donation to red cross and Salvation Army. About 1/2 of million. The rest would donate to cancer and other foundations. Giving a million to one group is great and all but, like someone else posted there is millions of people that need help not just New Orleans. On another note I would give more to Miss. since the media seemed to all go to NO and not Miss. even though they got hit just as hard if not worst in some areas.

US Flag

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?