No textNo textNo text

California & Mega Millions

delS

There is such a negative storm building in California politics and with the Governor's actions today, will Mega Millions in California survive?  I don't think so.

delS

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
Tnplayer805

As much as I hate to say it...  Cal may have to say good bye to MM.  Arnold is being a BUTT about this whole thing.  If people want MM they should be able to play it in Cal.  Just my opinion.  Also, who thinks CAL may go for powerball if they drop MM? 

LOTTOMIKE

anything is possible

JimmySand9

As much as I hate to say it...  Cal may have to say good bye to MM.  Arnold is being a BUTT about this whole thing.  If people want MM they should be able to play it in Cal.  Just my opinion.  Also, who thinks CAL may go for powerball if they drop MM? 

No. CA left MUSL on unfavorable terms, like GA. You can come, you can leave, but it's really hard to get back in again.

Tx_Mega_Player's avatar - spider
Tx_Mega_Player

There is no way cali is leaving MM. There is just too much money at stake. The two parties (Dems and Repubs) aren't fighting over whether or not to have MM, they are fighting over who gets the final credit for having MM. It's politics 101 - try to make your opponent look back even when you agree on the issue. Both parties want MM. The repubs want credit for bringing in MM, and the Dems want credit to saving MM after the repubs brought it in illegally. That's why the Dems have introduced new bills that would amend the bill that originally authorized a state lottery. Truth be told, neither party gives a sh_t about the citizens, they're both just trying to advance their own political agenda.

CASH Only

CA left MUSL because the proposed international game didn't happen.

Tx_Mega_Player

There won't even be a stoppage of ticket sales. Either the injunction will be denied or new legislation will be passed to allow the game to continue before it even reaches the courtroom. If either of the polictical parties were really against MM, they would have filed a lawsuit to stop the game long before it ever started.

Drywall1's avatar - dogfood
Drywall1

No way will CA leave MM.  If will be another ballot measure in November in order to legalize the illegal.  Similar to our border problem. 

Money always talks and this is big money coming into MM and the state once the jackpot breaks ou SL record of $193m.

The state just needs to advertise more in spanish. 

CASH Only

I Agree!

Tx_Mega_Player

There is no way cali is leaving MM. There is just too much money at stake. The two parties (Dems and Repubs) aren't fighting over whether or not to have MM, they are fighting over who gets the final credit for having MM. It's politics 101 - try to make your opponent look back even when you agree on the issue. Both parties want MM. The repubs want credit for bringing in MM, and the Dems want credit to saving MM after the repubs brought it in illegally. That's why the Dems have introduced new bills that would amend the bill that originally authorized a state lottery. Truth be told, neither party gives a sh_t about the citizens, they're both just trying to advance their own political agenda.

What's the latest on the lawsuit. Since I'm not in Cail I haven't heard anything. Everything that I hear comes from Lotterypost, so would someone from cali give us an update...

Just6ntlc

I say yes. I hope that CA is forced to not play MM anymore. It's illegal and unconstitutional to have CA play in multi-state games. I think Arnold made the right thing by removing the acting director of Lotto. I think Arnold should tell the government to end MM for CA. Besides, CA should only have their own state game and focus on CA SLP, not join a multi-state game. I hope CA wins the lawsuit from the government, so they're forced to play CA SLP and no more MM.

orange23

im lost on the issue. anyone care to refer me to a topic of why this is such a big deal?

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
weshar75

Without cali then mega millions could go on a record run and some one from the state of washington could win to rub it in their faces.

Chewie

Will the odds revert if CA is dropped? Think not. They were an excuse to increase the odds, now we have to liove with them. Might as well use CA to increase the dollars.

ryanm

No way will the odds revert.  Not with Powerball increasing their matrix as well.

Why is it unconstitutional for California to be in a multi-state game?

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?