Which scratchers do you play?

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG

I play mostly $2-$10.  The odds are better and prizes are pretty cool too.

they come out with 10 dollar jumbo bucks in tennessee yet?

No.  Mad Not yet.  I've done some research via GAlottery website and I know what the odds will be.  Jumbo Jumbo Bucks ($10) would have odds at 1:2.5.  Top Prize $500,000.  Giant Jumbo Bucks ($5) would have odds 1:3.1 with top prize of $150,000. Junior Jumbo Bucks ($1) would have odds 1:4.6 with top prize of $10,000.  Since the TN lottery issues 3 new tickets each month, I would say they would have them all come out the same month.  I can hear it now.  "HAVE A JUMBO MONTH WITH NEW JUMBO BUCKS."  I don't know how long it took GA to get the other J-Bucks.  J-Bucks is very popular here in TN and GA.  TN says their $10 tickets sell like hot cakes...  If they add Jumbo Bucks to the name they would really sell wouldn't they?

i think we should e-mail them and request it.....

I have.  I think they are on the way.  2/3 new instant games we got for July came from GA.  I think they will come very soon. 

hopefully nobody will steal lottery director paul from us because the next one might not be as good.in fact she is the best and anybody else would be a step down....

I rarely play anything costing less than $5.  The overall odds are too long.  The top prize needs to be at least $100,000 too.  If I'm not going to win, I might as well not win $500,000 instead of not winning $50,000 :)

There is a $20 game in Texas called the $2,000,000 Spectacular I usually play once a month.

As of July 9th there were 25 of 134 2nd tier $20,000 prizes left and 28 of 268 3rd tier $2,000 prizes left.

But 2 of the 3 $2,000,000 lump sum prizes are still out.  Have over 80% of the tickets been sold with 66% of the big prizes still out there?  If so, the odds of winning $2 million are better than 1 in 800,000.

Somehow, I have a feeling that someone lost a winning ticket.

Does TX reprint games if they are popular?  TN has to reprint a $2 ticket and a $1 ticket each month.

I most often play $2 tickets, but sometimes $1.  I've played 2 of the Louisiana Lottery $1,000,000 dollar superdraw $10 tickets.  This ticket has a maxium prize of $100,000 and if the ticket isn't a winner, we can mail it in for a second chance drawing for $1,000,000.

My wife and I have only done 2 of those, we couldn't afford to do it alot. 

PrisonerSix 

Does TX reprint games if they are popular?  TN has to reprint a $2 ticket and a $1 ticket each month.

Is this what you mean?

http://www.txlottery.org/scratchoffs/scratchoffs.cfm?qtype=Open&sort=Prize

You should see 2 Monthly Bonus and 2 Weekly Grand games.  I think of that as repeating a game where reprinting is what they do to replace stolen tickets.

What I mean is..  Does TX reprint a game if the top prizes are sold out?  If a game is all out of prizes does TX reorder the game so there can be more top prizes?

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg

I like to play the 5 and 10 dollar games because I think you can get a better return on your money sometimes.

TN's $10 tickets return about 70-80%.  $5 65-75%.  $1 and $2 return anywhere from 55%-65%.  Not bad if you ask me.

What I mean is..  Does TX reprint a game if the top prizes are sold out?  If a game is all out of prizes does TX reorder the game so there can be more top prizes?

No.  I don't think they have ever done it the way you describe.  A set number of tickets is printed for a game and that's it.  If all the top prizes are gone early, that's just tough luck for the lottery.  Smart people stop buying that ticket.  I went to the Tennesse site and saw something about reordering.  Texas doesn't do anything like that.

Popular games do return.  Here is an example.

There is a $2 game called 'Weekly Grand', top prize $1000/w for 20 years.  From the website I counted this game as being released 15 times.  Each time it is released, it has a different game number.  They alternate color schemes on the tickets.  One time it's red/blue and the next time green/blue.  The odds and prizes are the same.

Right now, there are two 'Weekly Grand' games out.  #448 & #470.  #448 (red/blue) still has all its top prizes left.  All of the top prizes are gone in #470 (green/blue) and the game will be pulled on August 30th.  I assume all unsold tickets are destroyed.  Sometime next year there will probably be another 'Weekly Grand' (green/blue) with its own new game number.

There are 76 scratch-off games being sold in Texas right now and 4 more in the next 8 days.  Few places have more than a third of them.  It's easy to lose track of what prizes are still out.  People see a game for the first time and don't know that it's six months old and all the top prizes are gone.

TN has a policy.  They quit selling a game if there are no top prizes for it.  Or they will reprint the game so they would add more top prizes.  I think that's why scratchers sell so well in TN.  There is always a top prize for every game.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Oct 18, 2021, 11:56 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?