Share
Home › News

UPDATE: $15 million winning Florida Lotto ticket expires tonight

Oct 19, 2015, 11:05 am

26 commentsText Size

Florida Lottery

By Todd Northrop

For one person who bought a winning Florida Lotto ticket in April, there are just hours to go before that piece of paper becomes worthless.

The current value of that lottery ticket?  $15 million.  As of late Friday it was still unclaimed, and if the ticket-holder does not turn in the winning ticket by midnight tonight, their dreams will just be dreams.

The ticket was purchased April 22 at The Beer and Liquor Store on Morrison Avenue, just east of Military Trail in western Lake Worth.

The winning ticket numbers — 11-13-14-21-35-43 — expire tonight at midnight. 

If you think you may have purchased a Florida Lotto in April, check your closets, your pockets, under your bed, your wallets, your purses, your bibles — any place you might have stashed a lottery ticket.

Time is quickly running out, and $15 million is on the line.

Update Oct. 20, 9:19 am: Unfortunately the winner did not step forward last night, so the $15 million jackpot is now expired.

So what happens to the unclaimed $15 million?

Florida law requires that 80 percent of unclaimed prize funds from expired tickets be transferred directly to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund. The remaining 20 percent is returned to the prize pool from which future prizes are awarded or used for special prize promotions.

So at least players will be able to get some of that cash back in the way of prizes.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Nov 23, 2020, 10:39 am

Log In

Log InCancel

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?